Friday, March 23, 2012

Questions?

I have come up on a lot of questions lately, I am sure you have thought about these to:
what should I do?

Lemon juice (in the bottle), do you guys use it? Do you think it's bad?
Baking Powder (It really has some bad ingredients), but how am I supposed to bake without it?
Cheese  has enzymes, do you buy organic cheese and does that exist?
Meat, I talked to Bethany about this......I want to buy Organic meat but NOT at $6.99/lb. what do you guys do?
Butter it has natural flavoring in it, do you still use it?
Chicken, vegetable stock..(It's bad for you, but it's in a lot of things, do you make it homemade, it takes like hours to do?)
cottage cheese (it has questionable ingredients)

I know these things are better than other things and I use them in moderation, but I can't just not use them they are in everything!

4 comments:

  1. I use lemon juice, baking powder, cheese, unorganic meat, butter, and cottage cheese for now. I am taking it one thing at a time. One thing I have started is home-made chicken stock. I LOVE cooking chicken in the crockpot and then freezing the stock for later. I love having both available when I need it. I usually shred the chicken, but you could chop it, too. I think i will post about it.
    http://www.skinnytaste.com/2010/02/homemade-chicken-stock-from-your-crock.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am going to whole foods today to see if they have better options then I will report back. As far as organic meat, I am paying the price. That documentary food inc, really grossed me out. I only plan meat meals once or twice a week though so I am not paying a lot more. Since I started this "health journey", the amount I spend on food each month has stayed the same since I don't buy as many processed foods. If you do want to go organic Em, you really should check out Sunflower Market because they have deals on meat and organic produce.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh and as far as chicken stock, my normal grocery store sells Pacific Natural Foods Organic Broth in little cartons by the rest of the broth. It was the only one I found with nothing bad in it. It was very expensive but I bought it to get me by until I could make my own like Katie's doing. Whole foods has a section of broth too. This is what it looks like in case you are wondering....
    http://www.vitacost.com/pacific-natural-foods-organic-vegetable-broth?csrc=PGDC-052603054102&srccode=cii_5784816&cpncode=26-125370640-2

    ReplyDelete
  4. Here's my report: Whole Foods sells lemon juice with lemon juice as the only ingredient. The normal grocery store might also but you would have to check the label. Both whole foods and the grocery store sell baking powder without aluminum. Just have to look at the label that says aluminum free. I haven't gone to organic cheese yet. It is so expensive. I haven't been worrying about enzymes. Butter from costco does not have natural flavoring in it. Cottage cheese does have questionable things. I bought a healthy cottage cheese last time from whole foods. It was too expensive though so I am just not going to use it that often. I'll just buy the normal kind and use it every once in a while.

    ReplyDelete