Friday, March 23, 2012

Chicken Shishkebab

So this is Matt and I's favorite recipe so far! (besides the honey lime enchiladas...now those were SO good!). You all have made chicken shishkebobs......but not like these!
This is simple but best mixture Matt has made. I ate these for snacks, and meals I ate like all of them!

*Cut chunks of chicken
*It has to be this combo, but feel free to add other veggies: mushrooms (whole), yellow/ red /green peppers, red onions and yellow (big chunks)

Matt just put them in a bag for 1 hour and mixed  with:
red pepper flakes, lime juice, garlic and 2 Tablespoons of Olive Oil (that's the only thing he measured)

2 comments:

  1. I loved these and had a good bonus because they were healthy! I did three chicken breasts (which was a lot for us. Next time I'll just do two) You are right about the combo...so tasty! I cut up a green, red, and orange bell pepper, mushrooms, and a red onion. I think I did three T. Of each...oil and lime juice then guessed on garlic and red pepper. Go easy on the red pepper. Mine was a little too spicy. I marinated it for just over a half hour because I ran out of time, soaked the sticks in water for a half hour, and baked at 425 for 10 min then turned on low broil for ten. I laid them on a foil lined baking sheet near the top of the oven. Thank you for the recipe!

    ReplyDelete
  2. We also salt and pepper these. They were a little overcooked this time so next Mark said to either broil them for four minutes on each side or cook 425 for eight minutes on each side.

    ReplyDelete