Tuesday, March 6, 2012

Best Pizza Ever-half whole wheat!







I haven't tried all your recipes yet, so I can't compare, but Katie made this pizza tonight with ham, pineapple and olives, and can't wait to try this with other options, (ie. broccoli, artichokes, white cream sauce) because we LOVED the crust. Now that I have made it once, I think it will come easier and faster. I used parchment under it cuz I don't have a paddle to transport it to the stone, and had to cut off the excess paper 'cause it would start to burn.

the instructions are lengthy so here's the link:

http://www.melskitchencafe.com/2010/02/homemade-pizza-new-and-improved.html

that link also includes a very yummy (and definitely a keeper) sauce too.

4 comments:

  1. Tried this over the weekend---It was so good AND we had leftovers! I love that it made two pizzas! Love the honey taste in the crust.

    ReplyDelete
  2. We tried it and it was so flavorful! I did the fast and easy version though on the main page.

    I warmed up our baking stone for on hour before and the crust was SO crispy (crispiest I have even made). I always dash red pepper flakes and garlic powder on top of our pizza before we cook it.

    I also made V8 pizza sauce and it was way good and I used all our V8's we are sick of.

    http://www.ehow.com/how_8256713_thicken-up-v8-pizza-sauce.html
    (instead of tomato puree I added tomato sauce, I also added some tomato sauce as some V8, I made my own Italian herb seasoning).

    ReplyDelete
  3. I did the quick and easy tonight and it definitely fit the bill for not planning ahead! http://www.melskitchencafe.com/2008/01/ode-to-pizza.html

    ReplyDelete