Tuesday, February 4, 2014

Sweet Chex Mix

When I had Landon one of my neighbors brought dinner and made this yummy chex mix.  I have made it again but I have to be honest it never tasted as amazing as it was when she made it.  It is still really really addicting though and I have to set goals not to make it very often for that reason.

1 box of rice chex
1 box of corn chex
2 cubes of butter
1 1/2 C. sugar
1 1/2 C. karo syrup.
2 tsp. vanilla  (she used mexican)
8 oz. of slivered almonds
8 oz. of sunflower seeds  (I skipped these the last time I made these)
She adds 1 C. of cashews or pretzels and m and ms.
We added marshmallows and coconut the last time and they were yummy!

Boil butter, sugar, and karo syrup for one minute.  Make sure sugar is dissolved.  Turn and off and add vanilla. Cook for 1 minute or so and pour over the chex mix and stir.  Lay it out on wax paper and add m and ms and marshmallows.

2 comments:

  1. http://www.sixsistersstuff.com/2011/11/gooey-almond-and-coconut-chex-mix.html

    this is a similar one i want to try

    ReplyDelete
  2. http://www.yummly.com/recipe/external/Goblin-grub-_chewy-chex-cereal-mix_-370972

    or this one

    ReplyDelete