Tuesday, February 4, 2014

Chicken and Mushroom Sauce for Crepes

Can I just say that I Love Love Love my blendtec!   I think I use it at least a couple of times a day.  The recipe for the crepes is one I got from the blendtec cookbook.  The crepe filling recipe is one that I have redone a bit from a Taste of Home Magazine.  The original recipe is by Joanne Sieg.

Crepes:
2 large eggs
1 T. melted butter
1 1/4 C. milk
1 C. flour  ( I used wheat)
1/4 tsp. salt

Press Batters on blendtec.
I added 2 tsp. of Italian Seasoning and then pulsed 4-6 times to mix in.

Chicken and Mushroom Sauce:
1/2 lb. sliced fresh mushrooms  (I used canned because I didn't have fresh)
1/4 C. chopped onions
1/4 C. butter
2 C. milk and 2 tsp. chicken bouillon  or I used 1 1/2 C. milk and just over a 1/2 C. chicken broth
1/2 tsp. italian seasoning
1/4 tsp. pepper
1/2 C. sour cream
2 C. chopped chicken  (I just used a can of cooked chicken from Costco)
Optional shredded Cheese to sprinkle on top of Crepe

Cook mushroom and onions in butter.  Stir in flour.  Add milk, chicken bouillon/broth, italian seasoning, and pepper.  Bring to a boil.  Stir in sour cream.  Add chicken.  Spoon filling into cooked crepes.  Sprinkle cheese on top if desired.



No comments:

Post a Comment