Thursday, February 27, 2014

Gingerbread Waffles

I love gingerbread so I thought these were so fun!  Apparently you can make them fat free too because I didn't even notice I left out the butter until I opened my microwave and there the butter. :) What I also thought was so fun was that I had vanilla frosting in the fridge and it was so good spread on the top.  It was like eating a gingerbread cookie for breakfast!  Whoo-hoo!  I ran out of molasses so I ended up using 1/2 of the amount of brown sugar. I also didn't have yogurt or sour cream so I used 1 tsp of vinegar and mixed it was milk (enough to make a cup)  so that it would be like buttermilk.

The recipe is one I got off pinterest called alaskafromscratch but it is adapted from Annie's Eats.

1. C. white Flour
1 C. whole wheat flour
2 T. sugar
1 tsp. baking powder
1 tsp. baking soda
3/4 tsp. salt
1/1/2 tsp. cinnamon
1 1/2 tsp. ground ginger
1/4 tsp. nutmeg
1/4 tsp. ground cloves
4 eggs
6 T. of butter melted
1 C. milk
1/2 C. plain greek yogurt or sour cream
3 T. molasses

Preheat  waffle iron and spray with nonstick spray. In large bowl stir together dry ingredients.  In smaller bowl whisk together wet ingredients.  Pour wet ingredients into dry ingredients and whisk until completely incorporated.  Serve with syrup, butter, and powdered sugar.

1 comment:

  1. I made these for Christmas eve morning and we loved them again. I think these will become a Christmas tradition.

    ReplyDelete