Tuesday, October 29, 2013

Coconut Rice and Black Beans

http://www.livingwellspendingless.com/2010/09/14/black-beans-coconut-rice/#_a5y_p=813983
  I was so worried about this meal being one that I would be hungry after and need meat but it turned out really tasty! I loved the toasted coconut in it. I think next time I will try not adding the lime because it overpowered the sweet taste from the coconut. I used brown rice instead of white which turned out to be about right with the liquid in the broth. I didn't have sour cream and I didn't make this mango salsa so we topped it off with crushed chips, guacomole, and shredded iceberg lettuce. I think next time the mango salsa might be really good because it would make it a little sweeter. Next time I will skip the green onions too. I don't know why they are in the recipe.


No comments:

Post a Comment