Monday, February 8, 2016

Kneaders Chicken Salad for Sandwiches

This is the recipe I used for the baby shower I just threw. I cooked the chicken in my pressure cooker and it worked great.  I read that someone added dill to it so I let Mark have fun with that and we liked the extra kick. I liked that this was recipe was wet.  I think it makes way more than 6-8 sandwiches however.
Kneaders Chicken Salad Sandwiches Recipe:
(makes approx. 6-8 sandwiches)
Ingredients:
1/4 cup white vinegar
salt (to taste)
pepper (to taste)
1-1/4 cup mayonnaise
1-1/4 cup sour cream
4 stocks celery, chopped
1 bunch green onion, chopped
4-6 boneless, skinless chicken breasts; cooked and shredded
Directions:
Mix vinegar, salt, pepper, mayonnaise and sour cream together.  Mix celery, green onion and chicken in separate bowl. Mix all ingredients together. Let set overnight or for a few hours for the best flavor.  Serve on buns or rolls.
(Recipe from Family Recipes

4 comments:

  1. I forgot to add that dill weed sprinkled in gives it the perfect kick.

    ReplyDelete
  2. And I forgot to add that I made this again, halved the recipe, used greek yogurt instead of sour cream, and used 2 Costco canned chicken instead. It was the perfect amount of chicken for half the recipe. Even with half the recipe we had leftovers for two nights. This makes a lot.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh and when I halved it, I just used a very small onion instead of green and still did four stalks of celery. I liked it that way.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This was good. One problem i had was i must have put too much salt. I think with the sour cream and vinegar, it doesn't need much. Maybe it was my chicken already salted? I'm not sure. I halved the recipe and probably put in 1/3 a tsp. salt. So i should try less next time.

    ReplyDelete