Friday, June 28, 2013

Veggie Curry

I still think this needs a little kick so I am going to keep playing around with it but I am adding this because I think it has a lot of potential.  I served this with naan bread and egg noodles. I think it needs more red curry spice sprinkled in it but it seems everyone only sells yellow curry spice.  So frustrating!  I like red curry better so that is why I decided to try a new recipe when I found a Thai kitchen red curry paste bottle at Walmart and used the recipe with a little twist of my own from the back of the bottle.  It is supposed to be for shrimp but meat just never sounds good to me so I made it veggie.

 You will need about 3 C. sliced Veggies.  I sliced one green pepper, one red pepper, and pea pods. Then separately sauteed a can of sliced mushrooms and a small onion. All of these made up my 3 cups.

Bring 1 14 oz can of coconut milk to simmer.  (got mine from Trader Joe's).  Stir in 2 T.  Thai Kitchen Red Curry Paste and 1 T. brown sugar.  Bring to a a boil.  Reduce heat and simmer 5 min.  Stir in peppers and pea pods and let cook for 3-5 min or until crisp tender. Add mushroom and onion mixture and salt to taste.    


No comments:

Post a Comment