Saturday, June 23, 2012

BBQ Chicken Pizza

http://recipes.sparkpeople.com/recipe-detail.asp?recipe=918537
(Mustard BBQ)

I searched high and low for the perfect BBQ sauce to go on the pizza, without sugar, high fructose sugar, ketchup or brown sugar. The only thing I did add was tomato paste to thicken it up and to make it not as sour and vinegarish. I think I used tomato sauce to? either I am sure will work. You have to taste and mix to what you like.

I cubed and grilled some chicken (2-3 breasts) with Chipotle Chili powder (I had some left from the Chipotle Chili recipe found on the blog and we use the powder with a lot of things now!). Salt, pepper Garlic was added also.

I made the half white half half wheat pizza dough ( I made the fast and easy recipe so it made two medium pizzas) great for leftovers, added the sauce, the chicken, red onions, cheese, you could even add cilantro (matt doesn't like it so there wasn't a lot on ours I wanted more tho!). We even saw a recipe for parmesan cheese that you can add.
My idea came form California Pizza Kitchen. You can get ideas from their menu on new pizza dinners.

No comments:

Post a Comment