Friday, April 4, 2014

Wendy's-Like Chocolate Frosty in the Blendtec or Oreo Shake

I couldn't find just chocolate ice cream recipe for the Blendtec, but tried combining a few different recipes to formulate what I think tastes like a Wendy's frosty! We loved this!

Chocolate Frosty
12 oz. whole milk-or any kind you have works-just less creamy
3-6+ oz sweetened condensed milk-depending on how sweet you want it-I usually use half a can
2/3 cup mel's hot chocolate mix-I haven't tried any other cocoa mix yet
1/2 tsp vanilla
1/4 tsp lemon juice
3-4 cups ice cubes

 Combine all in Blendec in that order and set to ice cream setting.
--I'm sure if your blender crushes ice cubes, you could do it in that, too!

Oreo variety-
Last night I altered the above and instead of adding vanilla and hot chocolate mix, I put in 1 cup+ of skim milk, about 2 cups of vanilla ice cream(that's all I had), about 7 oreos(that's all I had-and I added about three and pulsed 3 times for bigger chunks at the end), the lemon juice,  4 cups of ice and just a 1/4 of a can of sweetened condensed milk. (was just guessing that it didn't really need much because of the ice cream, but could have maybe done a bit more because of all the ice. more like 1/3 of a can)

5 comments:

  1. Wowie that was good but really sweet! I think it might be different depending on the cocoa mix. I only dumped a little sweetened condensed milk in and only a 1/3 C. of starbucks cocoa. I think because I cut back on the sweetened condensed milk that it didn't make it into ice cream and was more of a drink but it was the best chocolate milk I have had! I think next time I want chocolate milk I will just do the hot cocoa mix and milk and next time I want a frosty I will do more sweetened condensed milk and just plain cocoa along with your other ingredients. Great idea Katie!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh and just a side note. We made snow cones in our blendtec. So easy, fun, and they turned out pretty authentic. :) I just put ice cubes in, pushed ice crush, turned it off early because I thought they were done, and then we had snow!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So I tried this again and it turned out a lot more like a frosty. So fun! This is what I did. I put in 1 C. sweetened condensed milk, 1/4 C. of cocoa (not hot cocoa--just cocoa), 2-3 C. ice cubes, and 1 C. of milk.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Excellent ! This is a nice post. You know exactly what you're talking about, exactly where other people are coming .Thanks 
    Vitamix

    ReplyDelete
  5. Amazing mango ice cream recipes. Good work and Nice Posting. Thank you We are share our article on How to cream portable ice maker. Ice maker Cleaner

    ReplyDelete