Monday, April 28, 2014

Five Star Corn Bread

This is very good, quick and simple. I whipped up some bisquick substitute in my blendtec cuz I never have that on hand. The cornbread was not too sweet but very similar to a yummy one I used to make that used a yellow cake mix (thanks for that yummy one, Julie!) I echo what the blogger said where I got the recipe : "Honestly, this is the best recipe for cornbread I’ve ever had. If you have tried that one recipe you make using a cake mix, give this one a try. Then you’ll see what you’ve been missing. I mean how could you lose with a recipe that calls for 2 sticks of butter? This recipe is also really simple. Just make sure to follow the directions to mix it with a fork. That is key with this recipe. And don’t forget to slather this when you eat it with some good old honey butter."

(pic and recipe from REal MOM Kitchen)
Five Star Corn Bread
3 eggs
1 ½ cups milk
3 cups bisquick
3 heaping tablespoons corn meal-(I wish i even put more in...)
2 cubes (or sticks) melted butter (you need the real stuff)
¾ tsp baking powder
1 cup sugar
Mix with fork (not a mixer or it will fall). Mixture will have small lumps. Put in a 9×13 ungreased pan. Bake at 350 degrees for 40 to 45 minutes. Serve while warm with honey butter.

3 comments:

  1. Oh stop with the pictures! That is making me starving! I want one now!

    ReplyDelete
  2. remember that there is a substitue for bisquik ang!
    Bisquick (makes more than 2 C.)

    Combine and beat on low with mixer until consistency is like bisquick
    1/4 C. butter
    2 C. flour
    1 tsp. salt
    2 T. baking powder

    ReplyDelete
  3. (or the different version that is linked in the recipe)

    ReplyDelete