Wednesday, February 15, 2017

Valentines or Anytime Sheet Pan Eggs

I needed some type of egg that I could cut a heart out of for valentines so i used this as a guideline, but added cut up ham, 3 or 4 green onions, 1/4 tsp salt, pepper, about 1/3 cup sour cream and about 3/4 cups shredded cheese. It was so fast and tasted a lot like grandma glo's recipe. 
Sheet Pan Eggs are easy way to cook 12 eggs quick! These eggs are great to feed a crowd, use for microwave omelets or for a big batch of make ahead freezer breakfast sandwiches!
Ingredients
  • 12 large eggs(I had 15 so i used all of mine)
  • 2-3 tablespoons water
Instructions
  1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
  2. Prepare a 12 x 17 sheet pan with non-stick cooking spray.
  3. Whisk the eggs and water together and pour on the sheet pan.
  4. Bake for 12 - 15 minutes until eggs are cooked through (no loose liquid) but not too browned


Here's another comment/twist I'd like to try:
Yes, I have been making eggs this way for more than thirty plus years. One of my favorite things to do is after cooking the eggs, immediately invert the pan on to a piece of parchment paper which is laid on top of a clean lint-free towel to help insulate and keep the eggs hot. Quickly spread precooked vegetables and herbs of your choice almost to the side ends, but not quite, similar to making a jelly roll or a roll of cinnamon roll bread (broccoli, onions and mushrooms make a great combination), and top with shredded cheddar cheese or cheese of your choice and bacon, sausage or ham or all three. Now roll up the long way, meaning from the shorter width, being careful to not tear your eggs. Then sprinkle cheese on top and baked for a few minutes until cheese is melted and roll is hot. Serve with garlic toast or toast of your choosing. This is one of my family’s favorite meals and after 30 plus years, they never tire of it. I also use the baked eggs to make egg sandwiches and so on. I introduced a lot of vegetables in this way to my children when they were little. My mother made this when I was a child and we loved it too. Happy cooking, everyone!


OR THIS!
 http://www.thekitchn.com/recipe-freezer-friendly-frittata-breakfast-sandwiches-227329

No comments:

Post a Comment