Thursday, February 23, 2017

BBQ country style ribs-pressure cooker

I put about 3.5 pounds of frozen/slushy country style ribs (cut into 3 or 4 inch pieces) into the pressure cooker, with about 1/2 cup BBQ sauce drizzled over them and stirred to coat. I then cooked on high for 40 minutes and they were very very tender. If completely thawed, I will try 35 minutes next time and edit the recipe.

I then put them in a pot on the stove with about 1/2 cup more fresh BBQ sauce poured over them and heated until hot. (for some reason when I put sauce in the pressure cooker it separates into a watery liquid so I always have to reapply anyways after it's cooked) I've done this recipe before and it seemed pointless to do all the work when the sauce was unusable at the end because it was watery and never 'thickened' after boiling for a while. I usually use KC masterpeice and Bullseye mixed.

No comments:

Post a Comment