Tuesday, January 27, 2015

Homemade Cup of Noodles

I followed/didn't follow a recipe for homemade ramen.  It turned out to be similar but a little more like cup of noodles.  Whatever it was...It was good! I am proud to say that I pretty much made up my own oriental soup!

Homemade Cup of Noodles:

-Boil 3 eggs and slice. Set aside.
-Slice 4 green onions

-Saute:
2 T. Asian soy and ginger cooking oil--the brand was star cuisine cooking oil (Mark found this at the store)
1 package of rinsed mushrooms--the normal size store package--8 oz?
4 cloves of minced garlic

Boil for 7 min:

8 C. of chicken broth
12 oz. package of rice noodles  (in Asian section in grocery store)
2 T. soy sauce
1 C. frozen peas
1 C. frozen corn

Add sauted mixture, eggs, and green onions. Stir and cook for another minute.  Add more soy sauce, asian cooking oil, salt and pepper to taste.  I served this with parker house rolls.

Adapted from http://damndelicious.net/2014/10/13/easy-homemade-ramen/


2 comments:

  1. this looks good! I wonder if it's similar to an egg drop...only one way to find out...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I made this again but followed the recipe more and it tasted more like ramen. See the new post. I don't want to forget this one either i case so I am not erasing it.

    ReplyDelete