Sunday, September 15, 2013

Zucchini Lasagna

http://www.melskitchencafe.com/2013/07/zucchini-lasagna.html
  this was really yummy for a Lasagna without meat. Mark even thought so and he was wary of it. If I were to make it again I think I would add a little more zucchini. I thought it sounded weird before I made it to add a block of cream cheese but it made it really creamy.

I didn't make her homemade sauce, I used a bottled jar of marinara that had mushrooms in it which I thought added. I also didn't use ready to cook lasagna noodles. I used the regular kind of noodles and cooked them before the I assembled the lasagna.

2 comments:

  1. We made this last night for Ilene and Jeff and it was good. I really liked it -maybe a little rich for Judd. so next time we will try and half the cream cheese. or omit it the next time. The white sauce won't cover completely, but that will be fine, I think. This recipe takes a few steps, so I would suggest, if i plan ahead, to season/slice zucchini and put in a bag a day ahead which would simplify it a bit.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ilene asked me for this recipe today so she could make it for ethan's (leslie's son) baptism. She said she thought it was so good. It must be good enough to eat again! I'm glad she reminded me!!!

    ReplyDelete