Wednesday, November 14, 2018

Eileen’s Cheesy Potatoes

 Eileen said she cooks the potatoes and quinoa together since they take the same amount of time. I didn’t want to mess them up so I cooked quinoa on the stove... one cup dry quinoa to 2 cups water simmer it for 15 minutes. Then I cooked potatoes in my pressure cooker...cut them up and covered potatoes with 1 inch water over them and cooked for? Minutes.  Eileen says she puts them in her Bosch mixer with the whisk attachment and mixes the potatoes and quinoa. She thins it out to the consistency she wants with chicken broth. Then she adds cream cheese, sour cream, and butter.  I can’t remember if she said salt and pepper. Then she covers with cheese and bake until melted. I didn’t have any cream cheese or sour cream so I mixed potatoes and the quinoa in my Bosch. Then I added about 3 tablespoons of chicken bulli on from Costco, added melted butter and whole milk. I think I may have added salt and pepper too. Then I put them in a 9 x 13 pan, covered with cheddar cheese, and baked in the oven at 350 covered. I thought the secret ingredient that made them so tasty was the chicken broth flavoring. I didn’t even miss the sour cream or cream cheese.

1 comment:

  1. very good job!! thanks for trying this out!! your recipe says ? minutes, though....

    ReplyDelete