Sunday, May 7, 2017

Easy Crockpot Chocolate Fondue

I threw a baby shower at my house on Thursday and thought it would be easy to do fondue. It was. I borrowed my friend's fondue pot to heat it up but I could have just used a little crockpot.  I used plain milk chocolate symphony bars but I think the toffee kind would be really good to try.  We had the chocolate with strawberries, pineapple, marshmallows, pretzels, bananas, wafer cookies, and apples. My favorites to dip it in ended up being the pretzels and the apples. I doubled this recipe for the shower.

Symphony Bar Fondue in the Slow Cooker
Makes 10 servings
Ideal slow cooker size:  2-3 quart
Cooking time:  1-2 hours
12 oz of Symphony bars (I used 2 huge
candy bars…they were even bigger than king size)
1 cup heavy cream
1.  Break up the candy bars and place
in slow cooker. Add cream. 
2.  Cover and cook on HIGH for 1-2
hours. Stir until creamy. Turn slow cooker to warm and dip pieces of banana,
apple, marshmallow, angel food cake, or pretzels into chocolate.

No comments:

Post a Comment