Sunday, September 11, 2016

Lemon Crinkle Cookies with Lemon Glaze

I thought it would be fun to try a new cookie recipe for Jack's blessing. Lemon cookies sounded good but I couldn't find a recipe that had a good cookie mix and a good icing to go with it so I combined a cookie recipe from Melskitchencafe with a Martha Stewart Icing recipe to drizzle over the top.  It worked out great!  I can't remember for sure now but I think that I only doubled the cookie recipe and used one batch of icing to drizzle over all of them. There are the links to the sites where I got the recipes. I couldn't copy the directions for the cookies from Mels for some reason so you will have to click on the link and go directly there.

Lemon Crinkles
  1. YIELD: MAKES 2-3 DOZEN COOKIES
    Note: the recipe calls for a teaspoon of lemon zest. I didn't really measure, I just grated the zest from the lemon I was using and threw it in there. My guess is it was more like 2 teaspoons.
    INGREDIENTS
    • 1/2 cup (8 tablespoons) butter, softened
    • 1 cup granulated sugar
    • 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
    • 1 large egg
    • 1 teaspoon freshly grated lemon zest
    • 1 tablespoon freshly squeezed lemon juice, from about 1/2 lemon
    • 1/4 teaspoon salt
    • 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
    • 1/8 teaspoon baking soda
    • 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
    • 1/2 cup powdered sugar
    Go to MelsKitchenCafe for directions
Lemon Glaze Recipe

INGREDIENTS





  • 2 cups confectioners' sugar
  • 2 tablespoons finely grated lemon zest
  • 1/3 cup fresh lemon juice

DIRECTIONS





  1. In a medium bowl, whisk together confectioners' sugar, lemon zest, and fresh lemon juice until smooth.



No comments:

Post a Comment