Friday, July 18, 2014

Loaded Veggie and Black Bean Quesadillas

http://www.thegardengrazer.com/2012/09/loaded-veggie-black-bean-quesadillas.html?m=1

Got this recipe from Beth. These are very good and I have used this recipe to take dinner a couple of times. I grill them on my little frying pan that makes grill marks so it looks kinda fancy. I also use the uncooked tortillas. Also, I use the garlic quinoa/brown rice mix from costco instead of the rice. That make this dinner pretty darn quick to whip up.
 
Another tip to keep in mind, is not to over load with the mix/black beans and to make sure there's plenty of cheese. :) Just my opinion. 

Vegan (with dairy-free cheese)
Gluten-free (with gluten-free tortillas)
Makes 2 large quesadillas

Ingredients
15 oz. can black beans
Tomato
Corn, about 1/2 cup (I used frozen and thawed it)
2 cloves garlic
2-3 green onions
Cooked brown rice
Shredded cheese
Cumin
4 large tortillas

Directions
Rinse and drain black beans. Chop tomatoes and green onion. Mince garlic.
Place a tortilla on a skillet. (I leave the stove turned off until assembly is complete.)
Add a layer of cheese, followed by the beans, veggies, and rice.
Add another layer of cheese to "glue" both sides together.
Sprinkle on a bit of cumin and then place the other tortilla on top.
Heat over medium for a few minutes on each side or until heated through.

No comments:

Post a Comment