Wednesday, May 7, 2014

Crockpot Chicken Tortilla Soup

This is a recipe I pulled out from way back when I was first married.  It is one of the easiest I have and it tastes pretty decent.  I got it from Ashely Stevens but I added corn to it because I thought it needed more sustenance.  I love this recipe because I usually have all the ingredients on hand and it tastes better than  you would expect for how easy it is.

4 chicken breasts halves, uncooked  (Beth never knows what that means---2 or 4?--I just throw in two frozen breasts from Costco that are already singly packaged)
2 15 oz. cans black beans, undrained
2 15 oz. cans mexican stewed tomatoes, drained
1 c. salsa
4 oz. can chopped green chiles
14 1/2 oz. can tomato sauce
1 can corn
tortilla chips
grated cheese
sour cream

Combine all ingredients in slow cooker except chips, cheese, and sour cream.  Cover. Cook on low for 8 hours or on high for 4 hours.  Just before serving, shred chicken and put back in soup.  Put handful of chips in bowl then soup and top with cheese and sour cream.

No comments:

Post a Comment