Wednesday, May 8, 2013

Easy Pretzels

http://oishiitreats.blogspot.jp/2013/04/easy-homemade-soft-pretzels.htmlWhen I say easy, I mean easy!  These were awesome and tasted better than I expected! They really did take about a half hour. I used 2 C. wheat flour and only ended up needing 1 1/2 C. of white flour. They turned out fluffy and I don't think I would have noticed the wheat if I didn't know better. I thought they were more fluffy than the mall's pretzels.
 I made half with the salt on top like in the recipe and half with melted butter brushed on the top as they came out of the oven and sprinkled with cinnamon sugar. I made the cinnamon sugar while they cooked by combining 1 T of cinnamon with 1/4 C. of sugar.  I dipped mine in melted butter when eating-so good! One note about the salt ones. I thought I added too much salt because I wasn't thinking when I sprinkled. Turned out that I could've added a tad more. It is just like making homemade fries when adding salt.

1 comment:

  1. I made these again tonight. They really are 30 minutes. Note on the time....it's ten minutes plus 3 or 4 on broil. I made them all wheat this time. They were great. I used 1 and 1/2 tsp instant yeast in place of active. Don't becahy when adding butter, salt, and cinnamon sugar.

    ReplyDelete