Tuesday, July 24, 2012

Presto Pasta

This recipe is simple and fast.  I like it because the ingredients are ones I usually have on hand.  It came from the Taste of Home magazine for April/May 2011 by Debbie Verdini.

Cook 8 oz. linguine according to package directions, drain.  (Beth used garden veggie pasta-loved it!)  Cook 4 cups fresh spinach, 1 1/2 cups roasted sweet peppers  (Beth used a chopped red bell pepper instead), and 4 minced garlic cloves in 3 T. olive oil until spinach is wilted.  (Beth also added two chopped roma tomatoes near the end of cooking the spinach).  Toss with 6 oz. drained ripe olives.  Add salt and pepper.  Serves 9  (Beth doesn't think it serves that many because I like mine not so noodley.  I just put noodles on my plate and add as many veggies as I think look good instead of tossing it all together). 

2 comments:

  1. I am excited for this! I have been wanting to try pesto!

    ReplyDelete
  2. sorry Em. No pesto in this--is presto meaning it's a quick recipe.

    ReplyDelete