Tuesday, February 1, 2022

Thanksgiving Food

 We did a turkey.  We don't like meat that much except for homemade turkey soup and this meal  https://www.melskitchencafe.com/the-best-leftover-turkey-soup/  Thinking next year, lets just do a breast.  Nobody wants to cut turkey after a day of cooking and clean up. 

2021 we made turkey, heatable mashed potatoes from costco--(best decision!), green bean casserole, orange jello with marshmallows, veggie tray from costco and olives, stuffing from Mrs. Cubbison's box (I love it every year. It tastes good because you add your own celery and onion with butter. ),  one of Margaret's butternut squashes, and I tried these rolls.  I loved them because I love pumpkin and rosemary. They were soft and I think I would make them again another time in the fall but probably not for thanksgiving. We crave white, buttery, fluffy rolls on Thanksgiving. If I could make again, I probably would have done these https://www.melskitchencafe.com/buttery-cornmeal-crescent-rolls/

We did candy houses the day after because they took so long to assemble! After you use royal icing to put together you have to let them dry which takes time. If don't have time, might need to hot glue.  I used a lot more icing than I thought. It went really fast.  I can't remember for sure but I am pretty sure that I used the recipe with the egg whites that Katie posted on here a while back and this one with meringe powder https://sallysbakingaddiction.com/royal-icing/  I think they both worked fine. 

No comments:

Post a Comment