Friday, November 20, 2015

Addie's apple caramel bars

Addie's apple caramel bars

We adjusted a recipe because Addie and I were in a hurry one night for a FHE treat. and OH BOY were we pleasantly surprised to find this quick and simple YUMMY bar. I had to half the recipe (used an 8X8 pan) and only did a tiny bit on the top crumble layer. When it was done, I felt like it needed some filler since we didn't do a big top layer, so we served it over chopped green apple and added whipping cream to the top. Oh, so, good. (oh! and you can also put caramel syrup on the top)
here is the original recipe
I tried doing the whole recipe again last night and we didn't like it quite as much as when I halved it. Something may have gone wrong...but I'm not sure what yet... i'll keep you posted. it was good, just maybe too buttery...

No comments:

Post a Comment